Join us for the 21 Day Savings Challenge. It's a short but intense period of saving money fast with easy 20-minute challenges. Be debt free or build your emergency fund months, even years, faster with this simple strategy! Sign up now (it’s free!)

29 Organic Foods You Can Buy at Costco

Each year during No Spend Month I do an assessment of our spending and ask myself, is this $55 Costco Membership really worth it? So far, each year I discover that yes it is easily worth the cost for all of the money I save on groceries.

The trick is to shop with a list and make sure I only buy the healthy real foods that are on it. Otherwise, it is very easy to come out with a bunch of junk, both food and other items, that we don’t need.Surprisingly though, it isn’t all giant boxes of frozen taquitos and 6 pound bags of Frosted Flakes. There are actually quite a few organic foods available at Costco.

Discover the organic foods hidden throughout Costco with this list. www.growingslower.com #organicfood #shoporganic

Image by basykes on Flikr

Sick of couponing, shopping sales, and meal planning only to find you’re still busting your grocery budget? Try this. (This is the system I used this system to save $5,616 in the last year alone!)

When you’re trying to live a healthy lifestyle, buying organic foods can get expensive. (Thanks to all the GrowingSlower Facebook fans that helped me compile this list!) Here are 29 Organic Foods you can save money on at Costco:

Organic Meat & Dairy

1. Whole Chickens

2. Chickens Breasts
3. Chicken Thigh Meat
4. Ground Beef
5. Eggs
6. Milk
7. Butter (also pastured)

Organic Fruits and Vegetables

8. Frozen Green Beans
  9. Frozen Corn
10. Frozen Peas
11. Fresh Green Beans (in season)
12. Spinach

Organic Snacks

25. Raisins
26. Tortilla Chips
27. Salsa
28. Apple Juice
29. Animal cookies

What other organic foods do you buy at Costco?

1. Great list! My husband does a shop with the Doc at Costco monthly, everyone loves it! We never show the sugar lol!

2. I wish our Costco had more fresh organic fruits and vegetables like yours. I do like getting coffee, soymilk, and Better than Bouillon chicken base.

3. Where is your Costco located? I have not seen most of those Organic items in our stores here in Los Angeles.

• We are in Washington. It seems like every area has different items available. I do have to make sure to keep looking for organic options because sometimes they don’t stick out and there seem to be new ones all the time. We just started getting the chicken thighs at our store.

4. In what state is your Costco located? I live in Los Angeles and I have not seen most of those items in our stores.

5. I also buy organic frozen broccoli, organic diced tomatoes, and organic stewed tomatoes.

• I would love to be able to get frozen broccoli here! It’s so convenient on busy nights when you still want to get something healthy on the table!

6. Every Costco is different, even within a state. But luckily I live where you live and enjoy many of those organic things from Costco. I especially like in the summer when they have organic peaches!

7. Every store is different, even within a state. Luckily I live where you live and enjoy many of those organic products from Costco. My favorite is when they have organic peaches in the summer!

8. I get boxes of Annies Organic bunny fruit snacks. I run an in home daycare & the kids love them. I try not to have too much processed stuff, but they work great for a quick snack.

9. This makes me wish even more that we had a costco in the area! Thanks for sharing the list…maybe some day we’ll get a Costco here! :)

10. Doesn’t this differ depending on WHICH costco you’re shopping from? I’ve found different states I’ve lived in have offered different amounts of organic food. But.. maybe that’s changed.

11. This is awesome! I go sometimes with my MIL and usually come out with a ridiculously large bag of raw almonds – this is great to know I can keep an eye out for other stuff, too!

12. Love this! I’ve never had a membership, but knowing there are organic foods at Costco makes me want one!

13. I wish we lived closer to a Costco. When we make it there, I usually get organic ground beef and whole chickens. They also have organic carrots, but pretty much everything else in conventional at the closest one to us.

14. I didn’t know Costco carried organic pastured butter!! Which one do you shop at? I’ll have to see if the Woodinville one carries it…

15. oh, I should also add that Organic Edamame is DA BOMB DOT COM at Costco!! Love it!

16. As others noted, availability depends widely on the individual store. There are two Costco stores in Indianapolis. One has much more organic and gluten-free options than the other. Unfortunately, the one closest to me carries less. I just ask and write suggestions for the comment box as often as possible. Organic raisins please!!!

17. Carrot juice. I can’t find it anywhere else. Imagine that living right here where it is made.

18. Canned tomato sauce is from Costco is really good!!! To be even more organic you should test out making your own tomato sauce. It really isn’t that difficult at all. My hubby loves it :)

19. I get: frozen mixed veggies, udon noodles, flour, hotdogs, and frozen broccoli that are all organic. Stores definitely vary in what they carry. Southlake, TX store carries many more organic items then the Rockwall, TX store and they are only 1 hour away from each other.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Healthy Organic Foods At Costco – about food and health - […] 29 Organic Foods You Can Buy at Costco |GrowingSlower – Each year during No Spend Month I do an …