We’re back with Day #2 of our Spring Cleaning Challenge! Yesterday, we started it all off by clearing one of the areas that tends to be a problem for busy families: Countertop Clutter! Today we’re going to scrub up some of the dark corners that might have been forgotten over the long winter.
Spring Cleaning Challenge Day #2: Clean the Corners
Here’s what we’re going to do…
Pick three things that have been bothering you that just need to get cleaned, and clean them right now.
You might even try setting a timer for 15 or 20 minutes and see how fast you can get it done. I know I always tend to be much more efficient when I’m racing the clock.
You might already be sensing a theme here. I’m asking you to pick just three areas of your home to clean because I want us to:
- Keep it simple
- Make a big impact on our homes right now.
- Let go of the perfectionism that can so easily overwhelm. Doing a little something, is much better than doing nothing at all.
And there’s one more reason, too. Once you get started, it builds momentum to keep right on going. Don’t worry about that now though. Just get started!
I’ll be sharing some more long-term ideas to keep our homes clean and organized coming up soon!
Simple Spring Cleaning Checklist
Here are a few ideas for what areas you might want to Spring Clean today. These are the ones that had been getting to me, especially with all of the beautiful sunshine streaming through my windows.
Clean the Corners
- Grille on the microwave
- Exhaust vents and hoods that tend to collect dust and grease
- Tops of the cabinets
- Inside the oven
- Windows inside and out, at least the ones you look out of regularly
- The side of the refrigerator
- Inside the refrigerator
- Dusty light fixtures and ceiling fans
Clean the Cleaners
- Clean the dishwasher
- Replace the filters in the vacuum cleaner
- Clean out the bristles in the bottom of the vacuum
- Wash the washing machine, especially important for high efficiency washers
- Replace your dish brush and sponges
I replaced our mop, broom, dish brush, toilet brush, and I absolutely love this brand on Amazon. They’re just as affordable as what you’d find elsewhere, but much more durable. (affiliate link)
I cleaned a couple of areas on my list each day while I was waiting for the kids to finish breakfast (which takes forEVER!), and over the past couple weeks I have gotten almost all of them done!
Just pick three and get them done as quickly as possible. You’ll feel so great when you’re done!
Which three areas of your house bug you the most when they’re dirty? Which do you hate to clean the most? Share your thoughts in the comments!